Friday, December 14, 2007

Outdoor Alters

Lately, i've been planning our wedding floral decor, particularly the alter, and I came across the website of the design firm End Design, whose own wedding was featured in Grace Ormonde's Wedding Style magazine a few years ago. I think hers was one of the most memorable alters with a panel of draped deep magenta silk and extra large rose pomanders, with a backdrop of a vineyard. Speaking of pomanders- I love this twist on the traditional "kissing ball" floral initials with small cube & round florals. (sorry I cant find the source- feel free to email me!) How cute!
Or if you prefer something more traditional, check out these beautiful outdoor alters from photographer Elizabeth Messina's site. I'm loving the row of ribbons- they make such a wonderful linear statement (and an inexpensive one too). For ribbons, try going to JKM Ribbon- they have a really great selection.

No comments: