Tuesday, April 29, 2008
All proceeds of things sold from my site goes to benefit NicaraguaHope.org, which helps impoverished children of Bluefields, Nicaragua get an education and hope for the future.
Peach tulle sprinkled with crochet flowers, buttons and hand knit leaves. A frothy pink tulle pouff with white feathers and black and cream ribbon from France.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Vera Wang's latest collection was definitely more on the wearable side this season (as opposed to her more sculptural, Grecian-abstract dresses from last season). A simply gorgeous silk taffeta dress reveals a gorgeous cascade of silk tulle flowers in the back.
Sheer caps sleeve dresses like these are perfect for those who are slender in the shoulders.
Simply delicious dress that reminds me of a luxurious cream puff! The bow on the shoulder is so Lacroix- i'm loving it!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
bunch, cut and wire together...
and voila! a perfect purple hued bouquet.Your typical $24.99 bouquet at the grocery store with lilies, ranunculous and freesia.makes a gorgeous melon hued bouquet when you take the fern away!My favourite "makeover" - pink and magenta carnations with baby's breath and fern..(shudder)
Becomes this gorgeous bouquet when tightly packed together, cut, and wrapped with wire and ribbon.
Steam Your Dress
- Hang your dress on a hanger in the bathroom while everyone takes a hot shower. It will work after a couple showers.
- You can also use the “steam button” on any standard iron- fill it with water and puff it a few times upright 5” away from the dress’s wrinkled area.
- Make sure the dress is dried before putting it back in the bag (it’ll just wrinkle again if not)
- bring a photo of what kind of hair you want unless you don’t mind the hair dresser (possibly) pouffing and/or sparkling your hair in a manner you do not desire ;)
- bring your own lip gloss/lip stick, maybe a bit of cover up or concealer in your particular shade if you wish, as the makeup artist probably wont be able to constantly touch us all up (she will be concentrating on the bride)
- get manicures & pedicures in a tasteful, neutral shade (or do it yourself)
Other Things to Remember
- Bring nude coloured pantyhose in a natural shade. Try them on beforehand, and bring an extra pair. If you are wearing sandals, purchase the "sandal foot" kind, without the seam in the toe.
- Bring your shoes & dress, and any other accessories needed (ie: shawls)
- Wear studs or pearls for earrings if you have pierced ears
- Leave other jewelry and valuables at home so you don’t lose it
- Put together a kit of: aspirin, gum, safety pins, thread & needle, q-tips, cotton balls, bandaids, alka seltzers (take before you drink to avoid redness), bobby pins, hairspray, clar nailpolish stash of granola bars or snacks, etc.
- Anything else that the bride has assigned you to bring or take care of… (ie speeches, etc)
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Mangowood vases mixed with delicate hydrangeas.
They've got runners and placemats made from woven pebbles and stones. Perfect for completing the "green look".These cloche vases remind me of the mini-ecosystems you created in 5th grade. Jamali Garden also sells an assortment of shells, starfish, artificial grasses and moss.
Moss flocked rocks!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Debbie, one of the bridesmaids and resident gourmet chef cooked up a storm, pairing up the wines with food from the various regions perfectly. The menu included calamari with olives and roasted tomatoes (Greece), rosemary-oven roasted rack of lamb tapas style (Spain) and mini potato rosti with chive sour cream (Germany).
After tasting 5 courses and 6 wines, we all enjoyed a slice of gorgeous chocolate raspberry fondant cake baked by Christina, one of the guests. Thanks everyone for all your wonderful contributions!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
A simple yet textured pink bouquet made from shades of pink blooms.Even though she used soft melon tones, the bouquet looks bold and textured, featuring ranunculus, parrot tulips and garden roses.
I love how she worked the tones and shades of her bouquet into her hairpiece. This is simply stunning!
An utterly beautiful compositino of pink dahlias, stephanotis, and what looks like key limes.
My favourite bouquet by far- featuring french black centered anemones and pink roses, cuffed by Galliano for Dior inspired ribbon & french black netting.