Thursday, January 14, 2010

Color Themes- Deep Purple

This post is dedicated to my dear friend Ada, whose logo I designed above. She's always loved the color purple, and decided on a deep blue-purple. Even though she has already picked her bridesmaid dresses, I thought I would have some fun matching dresses with bouquets.
I love the feminine ruffle on this neckline with this sleek silhouette. I thought I would pair this with a small simple bouquet of snowberries (Dress by JCrew, Bouquet by Martha Stewart). Though this dress has more of a navy tone, I thought this would show how beautifully you can pair a deeper toned dress with a lighter shade bouquet. The bouquet was crafted with vanda orchids, parrot tulips and striped garden roses, tied with a deep purple satin ribbon. (Dress by JCrew, Bouquet from Martha Stewart)
This dress is also more of a navy tone, but I loved the texture of the skirt created by fan shaped ruffles. I also love this fresh bouquet of deep royal purple calla lilies with the exposed stems, which picks up the dark tones of the dress but holds its own with its deeper pink tones. (Dress by Laundry by Shelli Segal, Available through Saks Fifth Avenue, bouquet by Martha Stewart).

No comments: