Thursday, January 21, 2010

Show Love in the Details...

On my second day off this week, I decided to the Celebrate Beautifully email and was completely blown away by the amount of emails, requests and wonderful compliments. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's reading my blog. I am completely flattered and I promise to try to keep posting! Actually when I first started this blog, the intent was to show the step by step process of planning my own wedding.
Turns out I didn't have the time to do that, so here is one DIY project I did to make up for it!
Project: Seating Card & Response Card Display
To make the seating card display, I made a base out of white foam, and wove together faux grass, leaving space for the Response Card display.
I hot glued cream ranunculus blossoms (a flower echoed in our bouquets) and green leaves to hide the foam base. Then I hot glued each seating card (with their name and table number*) onto bamboo stakes and stuck them in the base.
*hint: Pre-print all the names, but dont write in the table numbers until 1 week prior in case of last minute changes.
Our florist provided this gorgeous manzanita tree and we hung all the response cards of the guests. We printed a banner that said "Thank You for Saying Yes!" for the base of the tree which was nestled in a bed of pink roses. It was a great way to welcome our guests to our wedding!

No comments: