Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bridal Shower DIY and "No Sweat" Menu Planning

Recently some friends and I threw our friend Angela a bridal shower. I wanted to show you some pictures and a great DIY project that I came up with. I picked the theme and look of the shower up from her wedding invitations, which had a damask design. I found these wall decals from the dollar store and picked up a roll of white paper gift wrap.
I placed them onto the paper and voila- an instant custom table runner!
I made a large faux flower arangement for the centerpiece, and scattered real cymbidum orchids on the table.
When planning the menu, try mixing pre-made items with freshly made items. I purchased several cakes and tarts from a local bakery including the lemon curd cheesecake and key lime wild blueberry tart. A large serving platter of fresh fruit is always a "no-cooking" required idea!
Debbie made two fresh sandwich varieties: a roast chicken, strawberry and arugula sandwich, and adorable mini smoked salmon bagels with spinach lemon cream cheese.
A couple of other "no-sweat" menu included two bite brownies piped with fresh buttercream frosting, and a cake stand piled high with profiteroles from Costco. If you have extra time, you can make spun sugar and you've got an instant croquembouche!

No comments: